Distinction between wordmark and trademark
A wordmark is a kind of trademark that consists only of words (text-only). The word themselves might have a design (stylized font) or typographic. It can also be a combination of numbers and letters. The most example is the name of the company.
A wordmark or logotype is typically a separate, text-only typographic treatment of a business name, organization name, or product name used for identification and branding purposes.
Also Read: Trademark & Brand Registration in Dubai
- This sort of Trademark, by and large, alludes to a Brand title. E.g. – the enormous organizations such as TATA Engines, D’ Shop, etc. have as it was enrolling the word as a trademark.
- Normally, the modern firms will enlist their brand names inside their indicated classes as the trademark. (A firecrackers producer would as it was recording an application beneath class 13
- If there’s an as of now enrolled trade commencing its operation beneath the same brand title but in the completely distinctive division at that point the trademark for the same will be approved.
- Unless & until the past enlisted brand does not attempt to prove that there’s perplexity within the showcase related to the proprietorship of the brand.
- In case of businesses having a huge brand title such as Dominos’, the application for word check would not be affirmed. In spite of the reality that, Dominos works in several sectors.
Whereas a Trademark can be recognizable signs, designs, logo, color, images, or a combination of images and text. A trademark then again can be a conspicuous sign, plan, or articulation which distinguishes items or administrations of a specific source from those of others.
Also Read: Trademark Registration in UAE Fees Reduced
Subsequently the distinction in the two is that a word mark can secure content just typographic treatment of an organization, while a trademark could ensure any signs, structures, or articulations the organization made to separate itself.
If you have any other questions regarding trademark registration feel free and contact us for a free consultation.